When I checked my mail this morning, I saw that Debian BTS bug #100000 had been filed against my beloved JED. For any developer, this has to be a great honour *bow*. However, it seems this bug is not actually a JED bug, but belongs to xterm. Sadly, I therefore had to reassign it…
The KDE programming environment (APIs, documentation, conventions) is quite impressive. After having played around with konqueror (which is an impressive application in itself) I decided to have a glance at how KDE itself has progressed since I last had a quick look (1.x somewhere). It’s still a shame about the use of Qt. I know that this is a good library and that it’s free for the development of free software for X11, but that’s still not absolutely free.
I’ve built and uploaded DEBs of the new JED B0.99-14 release. This will be available in unstable soon, and then the BTS reports should start streaming in. Yaaay. I should also make the AA-font patch for this version of JED available soon.
For the next three days I’ll be in a green place far far away… okay maybe it’s not so far away, but it is very green. I’m going to the annual conference of the Dutch Advanced School for Computing and Imaging which should be quite interesting. On Thursday (the second day of the conference) we will be going to Marjolein’s wedding reception!! Wheeee! Monday is another holiday, which is good. It means this weekend will be a long weekend, which is always appreciated.
Hmmm, this rules. LoserJabber, the *ix LiveJournal client by Evan Martin and Brad Fitzpatrick, makes things really fast and easy. Start up, log on, and type. Doh.
I’m reading everything I can get my hands on. It doesn’t really matter what it’s about, as long as it’s more or less interesting. I’ve reached a stage where it seems that I’ll need much more input before I can start yielding any kind of output again.
Another day, another journal. LiveJournal looks a bit easier to manage (from the humble “blogger”‘s perspective) and as an added bonus it doesn’t make use of all kinds of weird client-side scripting, meaning that there are many more choices w.r.t. the client that you can use.
Eeepe! I did forget that I had a blog… Also, it seems the blogspot server had some severe trouble, which would mean that my blog wasn’t accessible. What the heck, this blog has only one reader, and that’s me! I’ve been spending some time on blender (this is VERY well-done) and specifically with its IKA functionality.
I attended another shoulder replacement: this time a full replacement lasting a good 5 to 5.5 hours performed by the same skilled surgeon as the previous time. Very educational, with a relocation of the teres major and latissimus dorsi thrown in for good measure. I have also decided to take a more relaxed approach by returning to level-set and fast-marching methods and dscas1 development: I’ve been spending lots of time on and getting all stressed up about some crackpot neural system ideas that I had.
Note to world: w3m still rules. I can use it to update via blogger.com (not even opera can do that) and when I edit my blog, w3m automatically opens my favourite text editor (jed, doh) to do this with. After quite a bit of work, I’ve fixed a bug in linux kernel 2.4.4 on the VT82C686A south bridge. The patch is submitted to the mailing list, so now hold thumbs that it appears in 2.