Another day, another journal. LiveJournal looks a bit easier to manage (from the humble “blogger”‘s perspective) and as an added bonus it doesn’t make use of all kinds of weird client-side scripting, meaning that there are many more choices w.r.t. the client that you can use.
Eeepe! I did forget that I had a blog… Also, it seems the blogspot server had some severe trouble, which would mean that my blog wasn’t accessible. What the heck, this blog has only one reader, and that’s me!
I’ve been spending some time on blender (this is VERY well-done) and specifically with its IKA functionality.
I attended another shoulder replacement: this time a full replacement lasting a good 5 to 5.5 hours performed by the same skilled surgeon as the previous time. Very educational, with a relocation of the teres major and latissimus dorsi thrown in for good measure.
I have also decided to take a more relaxed approach by returning to level-set and fast-marching methods and dscas1 development: I’ve been spending lots of time on and getting all stressed up about some crackpot neural system ideas that I had. Thus, no Nobel prize this year.
BTW, that kernel patch is now in the ac kernels and should filter through to the main kernel tree at some stage.
Note to world: w3m still rules. I can use it to update via blogger.com (not even opera can do that) and when I edit my blog, w3m automatically opens my favourite text editor (jed, doh) to do this with.
After quite a bit of work, I’ve fixed a bug in linux kernel 2.4.4 on the VT82C686A south bridge. The patch is submitted to the mailing list, so now hold thumbs that it appears in 2.4.5 (or something).